Installing tabi is quick and simple, requiring only a few basic tools. Check out our video to help you get started, or download the installation guide.
- Tape the included tabi template where you would like to install your tabi board, using a level to make sure it’s straight.
- Using a drill with bit attachment (3/32″ for wood surfaces or 15/64″ for drywall and plaster surfaces), drill pilot holes where marked on the template.
- Remove your template from the wall.
- If you are installing tabi on a plaster or drywall surface, tap the provided wall anchors into the pilot holes.
- Use the provided Allen wrench to remove the cap from the wall mounts.
- Place a screw through the hole in the base of each stand-off mount and screw into the prepared pilot holes. Tighten the screw until the stand-off base is securely fastened to the wall.
- Place the cap into the mounted stand-off base for the bottom mounts. Tighten bottom mount/slider base so that it can fits loosely and can be adjusted.
- Tilting the tabi board toward you slightly, insert the bottom into the bottom stand-off mounts.
- Place the top mount caps onto the edge of the tabi board and, tilting the board backward, insert into the mounted stand-off base.
- Tighten each stand-off mount with the provided Allen wrench to ensure your tabi is securely fastened to the wall.
- Follow the initial cleaning instructions below, and then get to using your tabi board!